Pages

  • Home
  • about
  • contact

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 Lemons + Lace

what I wore:
jeans- Paige Denim
brogues- Office UK (s/0)
necklace- Sonabia Pendant

When it comes to feminine-wear, I tend to shy away from it all. No pinks, no prints (other than stripes... I have a problem) and definitely no platform wedges. For some reason I feel like I'm just playing dress-up.

Normally, I lean more towards structured pieces paired with leather rather than donning on a frilly lace dress. But as of lately, I decided that mixing the two can be the perfect combination of girly and grown up.

People tend to ask me what my style is or revolves around, but the answer is that I honestly don't know. I tend to vary what I wear on a daily basis depending on my mood, but if we want to get real specific I would say England encompasses my aesthetic. 

Dark colors, sweaters, collared shirts, boots, suede, lots of coats. That's me, completely. But, every now and then, I like to stray away from my normal attire and swap in some fun pieces like this top from Anthropologie. 

It's the perfect mix of feminine and fun, but also sophisticated. You can dress it up and down(which is an essential in my wardrobe these days!) and just wear it as is. It's effortless. Which is perfect for me because I hate wearing anything during the summer as I know how sweaty I get... Lovely.

Also, one last note, this top has lemons on it. LEMONS. It just can't get any cuter than that, honestly.

How do you transition into summer with what you wear? I would love to know!

Love,
Lo

Post a Comment