Pages

  • Home
  • about
  • contact

Thursday, March 17, 2016 Beauty: Anthropologie New Arrivals

Happy Friday, everyone! I thought as a late-week treat I would talk you through the new beauty items available at Anthropologie incase you want to pamper yourself at home this weekend!

One of the perks of working at Anthro is discovering all the brands they partner with.  There are so many great designers, artisans and beauticians that I have discovered and I'm so excited to share the three beauty items I tried with you. I think you'll love them!
The first treatment I tried was  The Formulary 55  RoseHip & Clay Facial Mask. Generally, I try to use a facemask once a week to de-clog my pores of any excess makeup and give my skin a fresh start. This mask is kind of fun in particular because you make it yourself! It comes with a little bag of pink powder and you mix it with water. It says to use half of the bag for a mask but I found that 1/4th of the powder mixed with two tablespoons of water did the trick, and I had some left over.
 For all you rose-scented lovers out there, this is definitely the mask for you. Although the clay goes on orange, it dries lighter. Just leave it on for the full fifteen minutes.  It's a bit scary putting it on first because you look like you had a bad fake tan, but it gives you a beautiful, glowing complexion afterwards. I really noticed a difference in the clarity and tone of my skin! Definitely give it a try if you're in the market for some new skin essentials.
If you're like me, you have a love-hate relationship with your hair.  It always seems like I have the best hair days when I'm about to go to bed and not when I need it most, like when I'm in public... Sigh.  Trying hair oils and deep conditioners sometimes do the trick but, I've found a hair mask once every two weeks really restores the balance and strength in my hair.  I love this one from Kocostar Hair Therapy.  I used the Deep Conditioning Steam Hair Wrap, which means you put in on in the shower rather than beforehand.  If you want silky, smooth, shiny hair (I mean, who doesn't, right?) then this is the hair mask you need to try.  It's super simple for those of you who are new to the hair mask phenomenon. Also, don't shy away from it if you have a sensitive scalp! It won't irritate it at all as the mask goes on the body of your hair rather than root to tip.
How to use: 1. Shampoo your hair and wash it out. Dry slightly afterwards.
2. Place cap on head, do not let it touch your scalp. 
Fasten the sticker to stay on your head and massage the cap into your locks.
3. Leave on for fifteen minutes.
 Alright, this last product is definitely my fav and I think you are going to know why. It's the Mer-Sea & Co. Salt Soak and we all know how much I love a good bath. I picked the scent Saltaire which is a really calming, fresh citrus +jasmine scent. They pretty much have a fragrance for everyone so I encourage you to take a peek online.  Mer-Sea & Co. has a whole range of new pampering products being carried exclusively at Anthropologie. They have everything from bath oils, body conditioners to handmade soaps! What I loved about this bath soak in particular was how it helps relieve the discomfort of sore muscles and de-stress your body.  After a long day on your feet in uncomfortable(but, cute!) shoes, there is no better way to reward yourself with a salt soak. 
 
And there you have it! Have a great, relaxing weekend everybody and let me know if you try any of these products.  I would love to hear about it! :)
 
Love,
 
Lauren
 

Post a Comment