Pages

  • Home
  • about
  • contact

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 Velveteen Dream



Kimono: Anthropologie (S/O) // Jeans: Topshop // Boots: Franco Sarto
 
You must be wondering why it's taken me so long to get my blogging act together after my last post in which I declared a new year and a new-take for this blog.

Well, I've been preparing for this very post, actually.

January was filled with new inspiration for me; chalk-full of new beauty items I tried, a new approach on how to style old pieces, and just overall experimenting with new things and enjoying doing so.

I wanted to take the necessary time to shoot photos properly, edit them to how I like, have some back up posts for those busier weeks and just have fun with it overall-- and with that being said, I'm really excited for the content to come over the course of the next couple months. But anyways, lets get to the outfit.

If you don't know me personally then you wouldn't know that I've been working at Anthropologie for the last few months! It's amazing, but I'm sure for the lot of you that are as obsessed with the brand as I am don't need me rambling on about it!

 

Anthropologie is filled with unique pieces that can transform an ordinary outfit into extraordinary... no lie. A co-worker of mine had bought this kimono/ poncho thing before I even started there and I would stare and lust after it every time she wore it to work (apparently it sold out in days). Luckily, someone returned theirs and I snagged it up!
 
I love how it's a piece that speaks for itself and can create dimension to any outfit. I'm on the shorter side but it still folds and compliments all the right areas without looking over-sized.  The details of burgundy velvet and intricate floral patterns create a beautiful piece, and it's super comfy! I wore it over black jeans and a grey tee for a more casual look.  Dress it up with a fitted black body con and knee highs and you'd have a effortless outfit to take you into the evening.

While I usually stray away from anything but a neutral palette these days, this is the perfect piece to introduce a little more color into your closet. Don't be afraid to be a little daring and try something new that scares you. 9 times out of 10 you'll be surprised as to why you waited so long to get on the trend train ( I just made that up but it sounds cute, no?)

Hope you enjoyed this post and let me know in the comments below what you would like to see more of when it comes to fashion-related posts!

Love,

Lauren

1 comment

  1. I need this...
    Would be so cool if you did a cute sport/gym outfit look! Or any makeup looks :) So happy to see this post.

    ReplyDelete