Pages

  • Home
  • about
  • contact

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 Lush Loves: Bath Time Favorites


It honestly comes as no surprise that I love a good bath... 

I can feel my friends rolling their eyes from miles away because all I talk about is how much I love bath bombs. A couple years ago I was strictly a shower girl. I had no time to lay in luke-warm water and dilly-dally, I had stuff to do.

But, obviously, last year I tried to procrastinate in any way shape or form that I could and that led me to taking extra long soaks in the tub and playing with bubbles to soothe my "stress".  I was stressed, but I was also trying avoid real world responsibilities.

Maybe it's the glitter or the fact that they turn water into a magical pool of bubbles and rainbows, but I really succumb to the "WOW" factor of each and every Lush product and decided to show my new favorites rather than ranting to anyone who will listen (strangers, my mom, my dog... you get the picture).

So if you're feeling stressed or a little bit adventurous, look out below:

Jingle Bell Bubble Wand (S/O)
This actually came out at Christmas so shame on me for waiting so long to tell you about it.  It's a seasonal bubble wand that smells of cinnamon + orange, and it comes with little jingle bells adorning the stick of cinnamon.  So cute! Bubble wands (or bars) can be used multiple times.  With the wand, you run your water and wait until the bath is half full then wave it around the tub. 
 
This bar has to have one of the best smells I have ever come across.  It's a mix of citrus and patchouli which makes the ultimate everyday fresh, but warm-toned scent.  It also comes in a perfume and body lotion which I've been meaning to get. This bar will turn your bath a deep midnight purple with flecks of gold glitter running through.  Sounds nice, eh? Now I don't seem so crazy for being obsessed...
 
I genuinely can't even contain my excitement about this little guy right here, IT'S SO CUTE. I'll let Lush describe the scent for you:
"Sink into a magical bath filled with beautiful essential oils, colorful pastel waters, rainbows and dreams. Lavender, ylang ylang and neroli create a unique and uplifting fragrance as mountains of bubbles leave you feeling as enchanting and dazzling as unicorns themselves"
Who has "Let It Go" stuck in their heads already? This bath treat was inspired by the Disney film, Frozen, and does not lack in magical icy blue powers.  It resembles the deep Arctic waters with silver glitter running through.  The scent is very fresh + uplifting with rose-oil and leaves you completely moisturized. 
I think the leaf detailing on this is incredible. Lush really never disappoints on their presentation. Since the description online is way better than anything I'll attempt, I'll let you read it here:
"See with eyes uncovered as you find the spirit of the forest, dappled with mossy greens and soft with the shimmer of luster. Prickly on the senses at first, the calming cypress and mystical oakmoss absolute will embrace you, drawing you into the bright, sunlit heart of this woodland bomb. It's packed with its very own forest protector: sustainably-sourced and seriously intoxicating rosewood oil."
Pretty much just imagine the most enchanting woodland bath you can think of and it's that.
 
Anything moon-related is something that I am guaranteed to love. But, this bath bomb is my all-time favorite, no lie.  If I ever need to calm down after a busy day or need to clear my mind, this shuts my brain right down and gets me ready for bed.  The predominant scent of this little pink delight is lavender and the perfect wind-down essential for a loooooong day. The bath itself changes like a sunset: from a light dusky pink to deep purple and blues. There is no better treat to help you end your day on a relaxing note.
 
So there it is! I hope you all enjoyed reading about some of my favorite bath treats. I've been thinking about writing a de-stress post and what things I like to do when I'm not feeling like myself. Let me know what you think in the comments below. 
 
Love,
 
Lauren


Post a Comment