Pages

  • Home
  • about
  • contact

Monday, December 29, 2014 Black Magic


 
 Fedora & Turtleneck: Brandy Melville // Vest and Skirt: Topshop //Shoes: H&M // Tights: Urban Outfitters

     If there was one thing I learned about living in London, not including how to switch tube stops effortlessly and swiftly use my umbrella in unseasonable rain, it was that an all black outfit is coveted, sleek and always in fashion. I read somewhere on Tumblr that "people who can't handle an all black outfit are weak" and I can't help but agree. It matches everything, slims like no other, and always puts you in a power position, even if you are just going grocery shopping or something else not particularly glamorous.
     This week I decided to put my Christmas gifts to good use (thanks, Mum and Dad!) and channel my inner sorceress for a fun, yet slightly gothic look in front of a cathedral in my town. Paired with my new fedora and extremely silky fur vest from Topshop, I stayed cozy in a new turtleneck which is fast becoming one of my favorite pieces in my closet. Turtlenecks are not only practical, but they also are sophisticated, making any outfit look a tad more smart.
     Another one of my current obsessions is fake knee-high tights.  I grabbed these over the summer in a sale from Urban (big surprise) and love that I don't have to adjust them at all like normal knee-socks, which sometimes are more of a hassle than they are worth.  It's all the appearance of a knee-sock but convenience of tights! Put this all together and you can say that I look a bit like a coven leader... something I don't really mind, if I do say so myself! Who doesn't want to relive the days of Sabrina the Teenage Witch? I guess next on my list would be a black cat that gives sassy commentary... Will report back on that one. Hope everyone had an amazing holiday. xx

P.S. Also, a shout out to my best friend Emma... Thank you for putting up with me and letting me teach you the world of fashion blogging. You're the best!


Post a Comment